The soft fill light from the new Desk-Lite 121 makes on-air talent look their very best in HD TV news studios. Hidden in anchor desks and other built-in set pieces, the soft, cool, energy efficient Desk-Lite 121 fills in shadows under the eyes and chin, and smoothes skin details without distracting the viewing audience.
Kino Flo has been meeting lighting challenges for more than 20 years in and out of the studio. The new Desk-Lite 121 joins the family of HD studio softlights such as the ParaBeam and VistaBeam luminaires, providing faithful color and reliable light quality over the long life of our True Match® lamps.
The Desk-Lite 121 boasts a 12” high color rendering T5 lamp (CRI 95) and parabolic reflector for close range or medium zone distances. Because it’s a Kino Flo, the lamp operates coolly, unlike tungsten hot light sources, and only draws about .3 amps (120vac). The trim, lightweight fixture includes onboard electronics, on/off controls, removable focusing louver and a 180° center mount system.
The fixture displays a soft even field of light of 35 Foot Candles (FC) at two feet; 15 FC at three feet; and
8 FC at four feet. Up lighting faces on a news desk requires between 5 FC and 15 FC depending on the key lights and ambient light reflecting onto the subject.
Key features include:
• Alloy fixture and polished reflector
• Built-in, dead quiet electronics
• Flicker-free ballast
• 180° adjustable mount
• Removable Louver
• True Match® tungsten and daylight lamps
• All-in-one design
• Built-in flicker-free ballast
• Fixture includes louver and reflector
• 180° adjustable mount for mounting to a flat surface
• Low amperage draw at 0.3A 120VAC, 0.1A 230VAC
• Compact design can be easily hidden for built-in sets
• Same fixture accepts tungsten or daylight lamp
|Back to the top|